[leafnode-list] 502 Error for secondary server

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Sun Apr 17 04:38:08 CEST 2016

I have two news servers.  One (the original, which I considered my
"main" server) has fewer authentication requirements than the other. In
my config file, I put it as the main server and the second as the server
lower down, for additional messages.  I added a username and password
for it.

I got the ERROR 502 message that the second server could not authenticate.

I swapped the servers around, giving a full config at the beginning, and
a blank "username" in the "additional" para, which now holds the former
"main" server.

Now everything works.

Doug.