[leafnode-list] Re: texpire -n -C '<Message-ID:>'

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat May 28 01:38:04 CEST 2011

Am 27.05.2011 21:01, schrieb Paul Brooks:

>> -n for dry run
>> texpire -n -C ''
>>
>> cat /path/msgNo
>> cat: /path/msgNo: No such file or directory
>>
>> The message should not have been deleted as it was a dry run.
>
> Right. Thanks for reporting this bug. The attached patch should fix it.
>
> Hi Matthias,
>
> Excellent, thanks again for the quick fix.
>
> A couple of small observations,  running texpire -n -C $messageid
> gives no feed back, and running texpire -nvvv -C $messageid gives
> "Trying to remove<477a56c7$0$30786$ecde5a14 at news.coretel.net>...
> Checking if there are local posts sitting in the queue...
> found 0 articles in in.coming."
>
> It doesnt say if the message would have been successfully removed or not.
> Should it give that feedback in one or both of the above commands.
>
> I  then ran texpire -vvv -C $messageid and got the same output as the
> 2nd command above.
> What are your thoughts.

Hi Paul,

apparently your mailer misquoted my material and didn't indent properly.
Some mailers do that if producing HTML output, some need explicit
quoting configuration.

Anyways, the underlying message deletion code in other leafnode code
parts (outside texpire, but shared with it) does not support a dry-run
mode of operation, so I've gone ahead and fixed only the immediate
damage for now, the TODO file has just been amended to accordingly, so
I'll fix that properly later.

Best regards,
Matthias

--