[leafnode-list] Re: leafnode on macosx

Martin Smith martinsm at gn.apc.org
Fri Dec 19 20:15:30 CET 2008

Christian Ebert wrote:
> * Martin Smith on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 19:47:03 +0000
>> I have installed leafnode via macports
>
> oops, overlooked your very first sentence before replying.
>
>> and I am looking for some guidance as to how to get it running
>> as a service via launchd, which I think is the correct way to
>> do it these days.
>
> According to
> http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/news/leafnode/Portfile
> macports already does that.

thanks, I wiped and reinstalled the version above but it does not seem
to create a user news or _news so I am going to take it up with trac.
Otherwise I can run fetchnews manually and d/l the active file, but I
cannot seem to find an adduser command here on 10.5.6.... or I would
add the user myself.
Thanks for the assistance.

--
Martin