[leafnode-list] Re: [fetchmail-users] fetchmail, fetchnews can't get thru router

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Wed Aug 6 09:40:23 CEST 2008

* Christian Ebert on Monday, August 04, 2008 at 14:27:27 +0200
> I apologize in advance for this probably being off topic, and the
> cross-post, but I am desperate for some kind of help: pointers to
> docs etc.
>
> The problem:
>
> I changed my internet access at home from dsl to vdsl, and am now
> connected via a router (Speedport W 701v). Everything works fine
> except fetchmail and fetchnews -- they just hang. Even smtp (via
> msmtp) works, also ssh, jabber, irc (both also via ssl) etc.
>
> The config at the of this mail works perfectly when I am
> connected eg. via AirPort and dsl-modem.

I just tried mpop <http://mpop.sourceforge.net/> and ... it works
flawlessly.

At least I am able to access mail now.

Leaves the fetchnews problem. And of course I'd like fetchmail to
work thru the router as well.

--
  Was heißt hier Dogma, ich bin Underdogma!
[ What the hell do you mean dogma, I am underdogma. ]

_F R E E_  _V I D E O S_  -->>  http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/