[leafnode-list] help with a pcre for only_groups_pcre

Troy Piggins troy at piggo.com
Tue Apr 29 05:06:40 CEST 2008

Been having trouble with what I assume are poorly named groups or
some sort of glitch on my upstream feed - motzarella or
iinet.net.au, my ISP.

Every time I start slrn with these new group names at the end of
.newsrc :

-----8<-----
+00000000.0000:alt.binaries.dvd.french.nzb!
+00000000.0000:alt.pl.matematyka!
a+00000000.0000:alt.binaries.dvd.midnightmovies!
-----8<-----

slrn crashes at the startup.  I delete these last 3 entries and
it works fine.  So I figure if I use leafnode's only_groups_pcre
to not get those groups.  Something like:

only_groups_pcre = !.*00000000\.0000:.*

Does this command stop entries of that pattern from even getting
added to my .newsrc?

Does that pattern look adequate?

Does anyone else have this problem?

--
Troy Piggins | http://piggo.com/~troy
RLU#415538                                                      ,-O   (o-    O