[leafnode-list] inaccurate response to GROUP command

Brian Sammon leafnode-list at brisammon.fastmail.fm
Tue Jul 20 21:14:29 CEST 2004

I'm running leafnode 1.10.1 on Debian Sarge on PowerPC.
touch_newsgroups is bailing out because on one of the newsgroups, it can't get
the article that it thinks is the last message in the group.

I've explored this by telnetting to my NNTP port and here's what I see:
  group comp.emulators.freemware
  211 4 3 6 comp.emulators.freemware group selected

However, judging from /var/spool/news/comp/emulators/misc/ there is only one
message in the group, message #3
/var/spool/news/comp/emulators/misc/.overview only contains info on this one
message.
On the other hand, /var/spool/news/leaf.node/groupinfo contains:
  comp.emulators.freemware 6 3 1084501180 Open source PC Virtualisation softwar

Is that the source of my problem?
Am I correct to expect an accurate response to the GROUP command?