[leafnode-list] Merging 2 instances of Leafnode

Mark lists at greplinux.dyndns.org
Wed Feb 11 05:03:36 CET 2004

Due to a hardware failure that resulted in a complete reinstall of the
operating system (Mandrake linux 9.1) and leafnode, I now have 2
instances of leafnode as the original could not copied from the original
pc to the new pc for a couple of days.

So what I have is this:

1) Pc #1 has all OLD leafnode posts and configuration up to and
including 02/05/04. This is the pc that went down with hardware failures.

2) Pc #2 has all NEW leafnode posts and configuration up to and
including 02/10/04, but nothing previous to 02/05/04.

I backup the interesting.groups and leaf.node every night so all the
article counts etc are still in sync and none were missed, however as
shown above they are split accross 2 diferent pc's.

Is there any way to merge leafnode #1 into leafnode # 2 pc or vice-versa?

One caveat, there are literally hundreds of thousands of articles on pc
#1. I am archiving, but not epxiring articles as I collect them for a
database project I am working on....dont ask :)

Thanks,
Mark