[leafnode-list] Re: v1.12.x or v2?

Martin Brunzel martin.brunzel at gmx.de
Thu Feb 10 18:41:37 CET 2022

Hello,

Am Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 01:59:48PM +0000 schrieb Christian Ebert via leafnode-list:
> Had a quick look at 1.12.0.rc1, and saw that it uses pcre2. Does
> that mean that v2 is not continued, or is just different, or ...?

IIRC leafnode2 had support for local groups, which hadn't been supported
in leafnode1. Always keep in mind, that leafnode2 is alpha.

Once I figured this out some time ago, this was my decision scheme: Want
to use local groups? leafnode2. There were some minor differences that
did not really matter:

- Storage format of articles, iirc, was changed, so you could not go
  back to leafnode1.
- And if I am right, there were some differences in configuration
  format that made them incompatible.

I have to admit though, that I have not followed changes over time. And
for some more certainty one should probably use better sources.

Have a nice day

Martin