[leafnode-list] Re: Leafnode 1.12.0.rc1 release candidate

Adam Funk a24061 at ducksburg.com
Thu Feb 10 14:13:15 CET 2022

> Version 1.12.0.rc1 is a minor maintenance update and moves
> the PCRE dependency to the PCRE2 distribution, because PCRE
> is no longer maintainer.

Thanks, Matthias!

I got it installed and working without much fuss (I had to install
libpcre2-dev first, of course, and run `texpire -r` afterwards).

I've had two issues since upgrading from version 1.11.12:

* fetchnews and leafnode log errors for
  config: unknown line 116: "no_direct_spool = 1"
  config: unknown line 151: "feedtype = NONE"

  Are these deliberately no longer supported, or have I configured
  something wrong?

* slrn's thread and subthread reconstruction functions (which the
  manual says depend on the XPAT NNTP extension) now give me
  Your server does not provide support for this feature.

  Is this deliberately no longer supported, or have I configured
  something wrong?

Thanks,
Adam