[leafnode-list] Re: New messages on server not seen

Carlos E. R. robin.listas at telefonica.net
Fri Nov 18 04:03:27 CET 2016

On 2016-11-18 03:12, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Nov 2016 03:00:42 +0100
> "Carlos E. R." <> wrote:
>> On 2016-11-18 02:31, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
>>
>>> I would normally attach a debug log, but:
>>> (a) my distro uses systemd;
>>
>> Then you can use "journalctl" to obtain logs. The problem is "simply"
>> to filter the output or get the proper options to it. Try "grep" and
>> some string, like fetchnews, leafnode, news...
>>
>> In my distro, which also uses systemd (openSUSE), you still can
>> install a syslog daemon and get classical logs.
>>

> Thanks Carlos.  That gets over the systemd issue, but not the lack of a
> place to put the "debug" command.  With systemd, it may not be needed.

Command? Or do you mean that you want to read debug messages? As far as
I know all the messages, including debug messages, get dumped to the
systemd journal. In fact, I do not know how not to print debug messages.

But you have to tell leafnode to produce them, editing /etc/leafnode/config:

## The higher, the more output will be logged - note the debugging
## output is copious in any case, so leave this at 0 for normal use,
## and set to 1, 2 or 3 only for debugging.
# debugmode = 3
debugmode = 1

You would use a 3 in this case.

--
Cheers/Saludos

          Carlos E. R. (testing openSUSE Leap 42.2, at Minas-Anor)