[leafnode-list] Re: feed leafnode from the command line

Theodore Heise theo at heise.nu
Sun Jul 12 20:00:35 CEST 2015

On Sun, 12 Jul 2015, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:
> On 12/07/2015 11:08 PM, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> [SNIP]
>>
>> That said, if you can put in out.going a message that your news
>> server will accept, leafnode will probably post it for you.  The
>> first part is the hardest.
>>
> Just for the record - this works, dropping an RFC-compliant
> message in out.going and running fetchnews sends the message.
>
> But as Doug wrote, it's /writing/ the message correctly that is
> the hard part.

Not exactly the same thing, but I use a different From: header for
one group, and do the change manually in my news client (slrn).
Every now and then I forget to make the change.  I have tried
editting the post in out.going before the next run of fetchnews, but
the change never seems to take.  Not sure why that would be the
case.

--
Theodore (Ted) Heise     <theo at heise.nu>     Bloomington, IN, USA