[leafnode-list] Re: FQDN and systemd

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Mon Dec 29 18:09:37 CET 2014

(reposted because of the size limitation ... really? 40kB?)

On 16/12/14 06:46, Matěj Cepl wrote:
>> Can I declare the man8/fetchnews.8 charset inline in the roff
>> sources, or is that charset stuff still out-of-band in the man(1)
>> configuration? (I haven't looked at F21 yet, and don't have Rawhide
>> handy.)
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2011-July/232239.html
> is 2011 (and I would guess our cousins at FreeBSD tend to be a little
> bit behind with GNU programs), and read groff(1) and preconv(1) for
> explanation of -k option for groff and how to mark the encoding of the
> text (either BOM, coding tag, or locale should work), but given you use
> Emacs coding tag anyway, I don’t see a problem with marking encoding
> there (see attached patch).
>
> Even on RHEL-7 (more or less Fedora 18-19) the modified file makes
>
> $ man -l fetchnews.8.in
>
> do the right thing (or even man -Tps -l fetchnews.8.in ... see attached;
> even without doing anything else the pipeline was
> /usr/bin/zsoelim | preconv -e UTF-8 | tbl | groff -mandoc -Tps)

Hi, Matthias,

did this patch got lost in the around-Christmas craziness, or there is
something wrong with it? I have also made a merge request
https://gitorious.org/leafnode-2/leafnode-2/merge_requests/5

Best,

Matěj
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

Two things fill the heart with renewed and increasing awe and
reverence the more often and the more steadily that they are
meditated on: the starry skies above me and the moral law inside
me.
    -- Immanuel Kant: Critique of Practical Reason

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

Do not long for the night, when people vanish in their place.
Be careful, do not turn to evil; for you have preferred this to
affliction.
      -- Job 36:20f (NASB)