[leafnode-list] Run out of inodes

Enrico Wiki enrico.c.ml.address at gmail.com
Wed May 13 19:33:33 CEST 2009

While running fetchnews, it suddenly stopped with a message: no free space.
Same from other applications. Actually I found out there was still space on
disk but I had run out of inodes.
So I deleted the /var/spool/leafnode directory and subdirectories in an
attept to free inodes. Spool files were entirely removed but (checking with
df -i the total number of used/free inodes) their inodes were not released.
I also tried to run e2fsck from a live CD but still no joy.
I am using the latest leafnode-2 on ubuntu 9.04, ext3 file system.