[leafnode-list] Re: Permanent reminder of "no posting permission!"

»Q« boxcars at gmx.net
Wed Dec 3 00:27:17 CET 2008

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 15:30:56 +0100
Christian Weiske <cweiske at cweiske.de>
wrote:

> > Note that leafnode-1 isn't actively supported except for serious
> > errors and security issues, while leafnode-2 - marked "beta" - is
> > perfectly usable, subject to improvement and well maintained.
>
> I'm using leafnode 1.11.5, because that's marked stable in gentoo.

Gentoo probably won't mark leafnode-2.x stable until upstream no longer
calls it beta, but I've been using Gentoo's 2.0.0_alpha20070108 ebuild
for a long time without trouble.  (That's an old alpha, and there have
been quite a few bugfixes since then, but the bugs in
2.0.0_alpha20070108 aren't bothering me enough to make an ebuild for a
newer snapshot.)

--
»Q«
     Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.