[leafnode-list] something weird..

Server Admin admin at treenetnz.com
Wed Sep 21 02:51:17 CEST 2005

Louis wrote:
> Hullo everyone, this is my first post.
>
> I was using an earlier leafnode, but recently upgraded to 1.11.3
> now this error keeps on coming up, and i dont know why.
>
> "
> Active has not been fetched completely in previous run
> or has never been fetched, forcing active fetch.
> "
>
> I have no idea what is amiss. I've done lots of google searches, but i dont
> seem to have had much luck.
>
> (Its probably been answered before, but i cant seem to find out where)
>
> Any Ideas?
>

> Regards,
>
> Louis
> louhaven (AT) iinet (DOT) net (DOT) au

The list of 'active' groups at your parent server needs to be retrieved
again. If it is stopped or times out during this procedure it gets
scheduled to happen again.

run 'fetchnews -f -vvv' to see whats happening. If that output doesn't
show you whats going on, others in the list here should be able to use
it to help more than this.
(NP: -f is forcing a new clean retrieval, which _will_ bring up the
message again at least once.)

AYJ