[leafnode-list] Moderated groups problem

David Aldred nr at familyaldred.org.uk
Sat Sep 10 19:59:27 CEST 2005

On Saturday 10 Sep 2005 17:33, Robert Marshall wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005, David Aldred wrote:
> >>
> >> I assume you also saw my uk.r.c post where I'd noticed the problem? I've
> >> just posted there again and it leaves my news spool so the mod status is
> >> now correct at this end
> >
> > I've seen <m14q8t2lp3.fsf at chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk> - I may have
> > missed the previous post in the course of trying to sort things out.
>
> That's the one!

Good - glad I hadn't actually missed anything!

> Sorry to mislead - that was the output of a list active <groupname> from a
> telnet to post 119 rather than what's in the groupinfo file
>
> what does
>
> telnet localhost 119
> list active uk.religion.christian

uk.religion.christian 0000000508 0000000002 m

...so that looks OK, then.

What I could really do with is a way of 'tracking' a message through the
system once I've hit 'post' in Knode.   Should it sit somewhere until the
next fetchnews run (even if it's supposed to be being sent by mail to a
moderator), or does (should!) the MTA send it off instantly?

--
David Aldred