[leafnode-list] Bug report for 2.0.0.alpha20041227a.tar.bz2 (and newer?)

Frank Wein mcsmurf at mcsmurf.de
Sun Jan 2 17:35:53 CET 2005

Matthias Andree wrote:

>Frank Wein <mcsmurf at mcsmurf.de> writes:
>

>>Hi,
>>i think i found a little bug with local newsgroups. When i create a
>>local newsgroups and post 3 articles to it, i get for the GROUP command
>>this:
>>211 3 1 4 local.test1 group selected
>>Now when i (or my newsreader ;) wants to retrieve the first article with
>>ARTICLE 1, i get "No such article: 1". But if i just type in ARTICLE, i
>>get the first article (which is the Leafnode placeholder message). Maybe
>>leadnode should just return for example
>>211 3 2 4 local.test1 group selected
>>here or serve the placeholder for the ARTICLE 1 command?
>>

>Happy new year.

You too.

>As written a few days ago, local groups have no placeholders.
>
>Please try 20050102a and let me know if it fixes your problem - it seems
>fine in my tests; run texpire after the installation so it can fix the
>existing groups' counts.

It seems almost fixed. texpire fixed the problem for the one test group
i already posted in. Now i posted to the group local.test2 (which i
already created before with the old build) and posted there, the output
from GROUP command was wrong again. texpire fixed the problem here. But
this is no big problem, since this bug doesn't seem to happen if i
create a local group with the new build.

Frank