[leafnode-list] leafnode-2 rejects valid Message-ID

Joerg Dietrich joerg at dietrich.net
Tue Apr 20 20:25:48 CEST 2004

I noticed the problem that leafnode-2 (current CVS version)
rejects some locally posted articles because it determines their
Message-ID to be invalid, even when they are perfectly valid.
Example:

joerg at leviathan joerg $ telnet localhost 119
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 Leafnode NNTP daemon, version 2.0.0.cvs-20040325 at leviathan.homedns.org
post
340 Ok, recommended ID <a56gl1xpf9.ln2 at leviathan.homedns.org>
newsgroups:  leviathan.test
from: joerg at localhost
subject: test
message-id: <test at localhost.iayc.org>

test
..
441 Invalid header "Message-ID: <test at localhost.iayc.org>", article not posted

The domain iayc.org is under my control and I'm free to assign
the sub-domain localhost which can be used for Message-ID
generation.

-- Jo:rg

--
       ---===  Encrypted mail preferred. Key-ID: 1024D/2B693EBF  ===---
Fortune cookie of the day: