[leafnode-list] Problems with 1.9.52-rel

Andrew Cranson cranky at transnexis.com
Tue Apr 6 00:57:36 CEST 2004

>> Do the filters block groups from downloading to the server, or do they
download to server and just not let the user download from server?
(e.g. /etc/leafnode/filters)

> They prevent _articles_ from being downloaded (with the exception of
only_group_pcre which masks non-matched groups from a particular server)

I have the config file saying:
 filterfile = /etc/leafnode/filters

In /etc/leafnode/filters I have:

^Newsgroups:.*[ ]binaries$
^Newsgroups:.*[ ]binaries,
^Content-Type:.*(application|image|audio|video)/

However, it is allowing posts in newsgroups with "binaries" in the name to
have articles downloaded to the server - am I using the wrong syntax for
this?

Thanks.