[leafnode-list] Articles out of order from provider impact?

Mike Vanecek leaf_list at mm-vanecek.cc
Sat Jan 31 01:47:30 CET 2004

My apologies for asking a silly question, but after searching for an answer I
am not certain I have come to the correct conclusion.

One of my news providers recently stated:

> ... It is a side effect of the volume-related problems we are having
> (and are working to fix).

> ... for other people who may be having the same problem:  if your
> newsreader has an option for "server creates messages out of
> order," it should be enabled.

I.e., the provider is having problems sending them in order.

Best that I can tell, that should not have any impact on leafnode's retrieval
of those articles?  Is that correct?  If not, should I make any configuration
changes?

Thank you.